The Hangout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The diet thread

+4
Suz
Jakki
missthree
~Cake~
8 posters

Go down

The diet thread Empty The diet thread

Post  ~Cake~ Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Ok, I wanna talk diets

Jenny Craig
Weight Watchers
Celebrity slim
Lite N easy
Tony Ferguson
Kate Morgan
Lemon Detox
The Biggest Loser etc

You name it, if you have been on any, please EXPLOIN! I have at least 10kgs to lose, and I have to do it, I have never been this heavy. not even when preg
~Cake~
~Cake~

Back to top Go down

The diet thread Empty Re: The diet thread

Post  missthree Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:17 pm

I don't know much about any diets Embarassed I really need to loose some/alot of weight too before our holiday later this year..

I did try shakes at one stage - before I fell preg with E. The slimmm ones you buy from the chemist. Seemed ok but had to come straight off them when we got the + HPT.

bounce

missthree

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakki Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 am

Weight watchers works

Jenny Craig works-But the food gets so boring!!!!! My friend started beg december and has lost 7kg so far but she drinks a bottle or 2 of wine every single night so if that was cut out she would lose more. I did JC years ago and I lost 100cm and a few kg's before I got sick of it.
Jakki
Jakki

Back to top Go down

Post  Suz Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:23 am

Kate I am doing weight watchers atm. It is really easy because you can eat whatever you want as long as you stick to your points. I have lost 7.6kg so far. I also bought an elliptical exercise machine and have started playing netball once a week.
I have tried celebrity slim and Tony ferguson but find it to hard to stick with.

Suz

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Cake~ Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 am

I have too done WW- the points system, and while I lost weight, it was hard as cooking became a nightmare........ I just don't know........

Lite N Easy seems expensive, but at least the meals are pre prepared for you! My problem is I have become lazy, and Im eating too much Maccas/Bread/Cakes/Morning teas that go on and on etc

I need to up my Gym-ship, I just can't believe how big I have gotten!@!!!

What about exercise- what do you all like??

Those ads for 'Zumba' seem intriguing

I hear treadmills are good
~Cake~
~Cake~

Back to top Go down

Post  Scoobs Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:51 am

I have tried the shakes and found them hard to stick to, although they are good for me at breakfast time because they are quick and easy and I usually skip brekkie.

I tried WW yonks ago and although it worked, I found myself obsessing about weigh in day and whether I had lost enough. I'm sure it's better now and easier to follow and as you only want to lose a small amount of weight, would be good for you.

The best one I have done is the Lite n Easy. There was a good variety of meals and
I was never hungry, plus I didn't have to cook myself a special meal, It included all meals plus snacks so I didn't have to worry about what I was going to eat.

My problem is I'm running around so don't have a chance to make proper meals, with LnE I just grabbed the food and took it with me as it's all packaged up.

Cons to this one was it is pretty exy (about $130 a week all up)
Scoobs
Scoobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Suz Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:12 am

I have done lite n easy aswell and it is good but works out exspensive especially when you still have a family to feed.

I have seen those ads for Zumba it does look good, but I am to unco for that type of thing. Treadmills are good if you stick it in front of the tv and use it.

Suz

Back to top Go down

Post  Scoobs Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 am

Zumba looks like it would kill me Razz

The best results I've ever had is with plain old walking.
Scoobs
Scoobs

Back to top Go down

Post  Keebles Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 am

ok so I am not a big girl - but.....I work damn hard to stay the size I am.

I have take away ONCE a week.....eat as much of it as I want. Every other day and night I eat well. I don't snack. The in between meals are the ones that are killers. I think all the fad diets are just crap. You just have to stick to eating healthy and excercise. I go on the treadmill every day (for more than 30 mins and walking really fast or running) and do a dance/fitness class once a week. If I get peckish in the arvo I eat an apple. I drink wine on weekends and water through the week. (lots of water like over 2L a day) I have given up coffee and have one cup of tea a day. I eat salads or small amount of leftovers or tuna & crackers for lunch. Dinner we have stir frys or healthy meals with lots of veges. I dont cook with cream or any prepackaged things.

I have menieres disease which means I HAVE to eat a low salt diet. It forces me to be healthy and watch everything that goes into my mouth.

You gotta stop and think about what you are eating.....make a decision to not have the crap stuff. There are lots of foods you can have that are good for you and low in fat that are convenient. It's all about the decisions you make Smile And excercise excercise excercise!!
Keebles
Keebles

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotmama Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:26 am

OMG you sound so healthy and in shape Keebles!! I admit I need to eat more veg and have been cooking more stir frys.
I TRY to follow the blood type diet. I am an O blood type which means no wheat, corn oats and many more grains. Mostly meat and veg. But I am allowed to eat rice base stuff.

Dairy is also a no no. I have stopped baking cakes, cookies etc, as I end up having more of it then the people I bake for Razz

It follows the theory that certain blood type can digest certain food, and if a food is not suitable for your blood type, it makes your body sluggish and unable to burn the calories.

Hotmama

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Cake~ Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:42 am

Blood type diets is another we can talk about... Im an A, Id have to find out what that means, but my naturopath keeps on at me to avoid dairy /wheat...

I have come up with a 'semi excuse' for my alarming weight gain- my AD meds! I googled and yep- weight gain is a common side affect of SSRIs.. so I am weaning off!!! Wish me luck.... I will really need it...

Id love to say Ill come off ADs and magically lose 10kgs, but thats not going to happen. My BMI is a scary result- I was shocked to find out I am considered 'overweight'- now I know its not just in my mind.

So, I am aiming to lose 13kgs all up, and need help!

Im thinking of going to a nutritionist- any one been to one before??
~Cake~
~Cake~

Back to top Go down

Post  Nat Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:07 am

A nutritionist/ dietician is very helpful is getting you to recognise where 'empty calories are coming from. Like for example i was sure she would take my occassional Caramello Koalas of me, but she was fine with an rare treat what she did tell me off about was the juice i was drinking, I had no idea that it was so high in Calories.

But Keeona is right nothing beats healthy eating and exercise.

Good luck with the weaning off of the AD's , I for one would prefer and Happy, slightly Chubba Kate to a Skinny Depressed one though Wink

Nat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum